I have been reading a couple of books since the break started. I already finished one Japanese book, "Why the vegetarian in America fat?". It was a very interesting book to read. It explains why the American vegetarians are fat, why the rate of divorce is getting higher and higher even though most of people are Christians, why Americans like to start wars, why Americans tend to compare themselves with others and so on. I have been living in America for almost 3 years and I have found things that I didn't even notice.
I have been reading two English books: "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers and "New Day New You" by Joyce Meyer. One of my friends recommended me to read "Redeeming Love" and i got this book about a week ago and I love this book! I just finished first 140 pages and I am very excited and looking forward to reading more.
"New Day New You" provides a page a day. I was reading a page the other day and i found it very interesting.
"God has made every one of us unique. He personally made you and gave you gifts, talents, and abilities. Just think about it: Nobody else in the world is exactly like you. That means what is best for someone else may not be best for you. So when you are tempted to say to God, 'I wish I looked like somebody else,' or 'I wish I could do this or that like them,' don't say it. Be satisfied with whom God made you to be. Remember that He made you exactly the way He wants you to be. If you try to be like someone else, you will miss the beautiful life God has planned specially for you."
I used to compare myself to others: "I wish I were taller", "I wish I were smarter" and so on. I think a lot of people tend to compare both mentally and physically. After I finished reading this, I started thinking that we shouldn't compare ourselves because God made us differently and uniquely. This is our gifts from God, I believe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Redeeming Love is one of my favorite books EVER!!!
ME TOOOOOOOO
I am so excited that you are reading it!!!!!!!!!!! I love you SOOO much Hitomi!
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Telefone VoIP, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-voip.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment